GOFFS SCHOOLHOUSE CENTENNIAL
September 2014. The Goffs Schoolhouse Turns 100.
Join us Sunday, October 12 to celebrate the Schoolhouse Centennial
History, Fun, and Food for the whole family
Join us to step back in time and learn about life during the early 1900s at this unique one room desert schoolhouse in Goffs, California.
- Visit the schoolhouse and see our collections of historical artifacts
- Hear stories of life as a student in the 1930s from a former Goffs student
- Watch TWO historic ore crushing stamp mills operate as they did in the heyday of mining in the Mojave Desert
- Hear how the U. S. Army brought camels to the desert in the 1850s
- Prizes to children for identifying historic "mystery" objects
- Learn the games children played at the Goffs School in the 1900s
- A special keepsake publication about the students, teachers, and events of the time collected from interviews and newspapers
- Huge book sale, specializing in Western Americana
- Lunch to be served from 12:00 - 1:00 (Donations appreciated)
Goffs is located 30 miles NW of Needles, California, on historic Route 66. DIRECTIONS
Hosted by the Mojave Desert Heritage and Cultural Association.